Arizona Capitol Times Morning Scoop: Broadband Expansion in AZ
Our President & CEO Sybil Francis and Associate Publisher & Editor Luige Delpuerto, presided over CFA’s first Morning Scoop forum for the 2020 season. This was the first of three events to be shared via live-stream and with attending guests on topics relevant to Arizona’s future. Morning Scoop events are hosted in partnership with the publication and feature a panel of subject matter experts. CFA’s 2020 Morning Scoop topics will include Infrastructure, Mental Health, and Education.
Broadband infrastructure comes under the category of Infrastructure for CFA. Our work in the community around the Arizona Progress Meters is revealing that leaders view Infrastructure as a key priority and are mobilizing around improving Broadband in Arizona since it is a high-value strategy that can impact local and regional economies and has multi-sector implications. The Feb. 21 Morning Scoop featured panel brought together elected officials, state agency partners and community leaders including:
- Julie Engel, President & CEO, Greater Yuma Economic Development Corp. See BIO
- (R) AZ Senate Member David Livingston, District 22 (Maricopa). See BIO
- (D) AZ Senate Member Lisa Otondo, Minority Whip, District 4 (Pima/Yuma/Pinal counties). See BIO
- (R) AZ House Member Becky Nutt, Majority Whip, District 14 (Cochise/Graham/Greenlee). See BIO
- Keith Watkins, Senior Vice President, Economic Rural/Development, Arizona Commerce Authority. See BIO